Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Spend some time with your friends

Hello everyone and this week at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday the twist is to add a button to your project. Our wonderful sponsor for the month of June is PpinkydollsArt . The image I choose to use is called Jungle Friends. I used papers from my scraps and I do have to say that is really getting down, I'm so glad worked hard to get that down.
The dies used are from Memory Box Debutante Frame and Debutante branch Frame.  The ribbon has some sticky stuff on the back and works really well on paper. Would be nice if I could find some more of that ribbon but have had it so long can not remember were I got it from.
Another view.
These are my buttons, they are clear and glued some card stock to the back of them and added some Scrappers Floss to the centers and made a bow.
Here is how the inside turned out. Adding small metal dots around the scalloped inside area and leaving an area open for a sentiment or a written message.
These are the copic markers used to color the image.
Here is the close up of the image.
Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you like my card.
UPCOMING CHALLENGES:
June 23 theme show us some water
June 30 theme anything goes
July 7 Snowman
July 14 Christmas

hugs and smiles,
Pat

10 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Adorable card Pat! I love the critters in this image! Those buttons are so cute too!

Dr Sonia S V said...

That frame looks beautiful and its so good to conquer the ever increasing scrap issue isnt it!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

jeanchaneyaz said...

That frame really sets of your beautifully colored image, Pat. I particularly like the way you colored the elephant. The buttons add a nice touch. Yes, those scraps certainly start to grow if you don't watch closely!

Janet McLaughlin said...

Fabulous, Pat! I really like this image, and that frame is just perfect! I'm working on my scrap pile, too!

Carrie said...

What a great card, Pat! I love that digi, and you've colored it beautifully and framed it up so well with that lovely die cut! Great idea to use matching paper on the back of clear buttons!

Crafting with Darcy said...

So cute, Pat!! I love everything you did!!
Hugs!
Darcy

Donna Hanley said...

I love the image, frame, paper, flowers/bows, just everything but I especially love and admire your coloring on that cat and elephant. I find both of them quite hard to color and get to look real, you have it mastered, my friend. Enjoy your weekend.

Donna Ellis said...

Wow, Miss Pat! Fabulous use of that die cut! Not sure why, but I have only used it in portrait stance! How crazy am I? It looks amazing used in landscape mode, especially with your cheerfully colored little characters. It's a wonderful card and brought a huge smile to my face. Thanks for showing me a better way of using those dies. Pat, about the solid background die, it is solid metal. So do you stamp it after cutting it? Do you just guess? Or draw. An outline for where you think it should be? Thanks again for sharing your pretty inspiration! Hugs, de

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card Patricia. Very pretty frame and your usual great colouring.

*Vicki* said...

What a super cute design Pat!! LOVE all of the character friends together and your frame is just perfect for holding them all in to capture the scene too!! Really wonderful mix of papers and colors! HUGS